CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008

First Soccer Game

Jackson had his first soccer game on Saturday and they were so adorable. I really didn't think that they would know what to do at this age. I fgured it would be a lot of sand kicking and nose picking, but those little ones did pretty good. Now, I'm all for good sportmanship, but the other team was HUGE! I promise there was a little girl on that team that was 8! Anyways, they didn't keep score, but I'm pretty sure we got stomped. Jackson scored a goal only it was during a time-out...we just won't tell him that. He did great and only had one meltdown. When we first got to the field, all the other kids had brought a ball so they could practice beforehand. Well, Jackson's Mommy and Daddy apparently missed the memo so he went ball-less and was not happy about it, either. Once his little friend, Camryn, shared her's all was well with the world again. He wanted to play the whole time which was awesome since about 4 of the kiddos wouldn't let go of mom's leg. Here are some pictures of The Highlighters first game.








Also, Jackson got a much needed haircut on Sunday and he looks totally different. Here's the new "do". He's getting to be such a big boy and these pictures really show it!



There's not much to post about Carter right now. He is as busy as ever trying to do EVERYTHING big brother does and screaming fits have become pretty regular in our house. Anytime he doesn't get something he wants he starts screaming and stomping his feet. And when I say anytime, I mean ANYTIME. It's gotten to where Jackson will try and figure out what he wants. I'll get down to ask Carter "what do you want? show me." Jackson chimes in with "He wants his binky" or "He wants a snack" or "He wants to watch a movie". Carter also is throwing fits at naptime and bedtime. Long gone are the days of just laying him down and him drifting off to sleep. As soon as I lay him down he pops back up and starts wailing as if he's hurt. Here's the bad part. He says "Mommy" now and every now and then in between screaming/crying, I'll hear "Mommy!" and I just want to run in there. I hope this is just a phase because it's driving me (and Daddy and Jackson) crazy. I think it's payback since he was such a perfect baby. Can't have it all I guess?? Here's a pic of the little man at Jackson's soccer practice....trying to be just like his brother.


1 comments:

Warner Family said...

So sweet! Those shin guards make their little legs look so miniature! Love the pictures! By the way...Aly is going through the same sleep thing Carter is--it breaks my heart (and frustrates me at the same time!!) Good luck to us both!
Love,
Karin