CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Talks of Heaven

This morning when I was driving Jackson to school he saw a billboard with a lightning bolt on it. Here is how our conversation went.

Jackson: Mommy, what is that? (pointing to the billboard)
Me: A lightning bolt.
Jackson: You know, lightning is angels bowling in Heaven. There's nothing to be afraid of. (Jackson used to get scared when it would storm and the thunder was really loud. So we would always tell him that.)
Me: That's right.
Jackson: Can we go to Heaven?
Me: Someday
Jackson: Then, we can see Mamaw 'cause she lives in Heaven, right? (Mamaw is my grandmother who passed away last Oct. Jackson always went with me to visit her in the nursing home.)
Me: That's right, Jackson. Do you miss Mamaw?
Jackson: Yes, I miss Mamaw.
Me: Well, you know what? Someday we will all be in Heaven together and you can see Mamaw again.
Jackson: Someday? (You could tell he was deep in thought over this word.) Tomorrow?
Me: No, not tomorrow. I don't know when, but God does.
Jackson: God? I love Jesus.
Me: I know sweetie, me too.

Isn't it just so sweet what comes out of these little one's mouths? It's awesome that he's learning so much about God and Jesus at this young of an age. I'm amazed at the things he is learning at his Mother's Day Out and from our family. On a regular basis, he will just start singing "Our God is an Awesome God" which his Mimi (David's mom) taught him. It's so cute to see him playing with his trains or whatever he is playing with at the moment and under his breath you can hear him whispering songs. He also sings "Jesus loves Me" and "Jesus Loves the Little Children". So so sweet.

I just wanted to share this sweet story since my last post was just a big complaint! Even though I get frustrated (Carter is still driving me batty) they are such great kids. I just need to remind myself that it's all a phase and one day I will look back on this time and laugh at how stressed out I was at times....possibly when they start driving? Oh, I don't even want to go there :-)

0 comments: