CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Carter Gets A Shiner And Counts To Ten!

Yesterday, the boys were chasing each other around the house and Carter ran smack into the couch with his face. He cried for a good 4 to 5 minutes and then was ok. Poor guy got a huge shiner right below his left eye and I tried to get a good picture of it, but it just doesn't do it justice. Oh well, one of the many shiners I suppose he'll get throughout his childhood!
Also, Carter can count to 10! One day last week I heard him mumbling something and after listening really closely, I realized he was trying to count. I suppose he's hearing Jackson count and just picked it up b/c it's definitely not something we've been teaching him. Here's a video of my little genius. He missed "5" in the video, but you get the idea :-)



One other note, we have taken Carter's "binky" away from him during the day and only let him have it in his bed during nap and night-time. Granted, this is only the second day of this and it's been a little rough - especially since he can say "binky", we hear it quite often. He's also a little fussier which is to be expected since his pacifier always calmed him. I figured I should just go ahead and bite the bullet since he'll be going to Mother's Day Out in a month and I don't want him walking around with it all day. I DID give it to him after his head-on collision with the couch, though...poor baby needed to be comforted! Hey, baby steps :-)

Here's just a random pic of the boys, but I figured I needed to include Jackson in this post too :-)

0 comments: