CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

My BRILLIANT 17-month old

Since Jackson didn't really start talking until he was 2, the fact that Carter knows around 20 words already really impresses me! Don't get me wrong, I know it's probably because Jackson never STOPS talking that Carter has picked it up, but still...I think I have bragging rights :-) Here's a video of Carter saying some of his words. Sorry it's rotated. I have no idea why it did that. I know I didn't tape it that way. Oh well, just tilt your head to the right :-)



A few other words he says are uh-oh, tractor (tacter), cracker (cacker), eyes, shoes (soos), crocs (without the "r"--I don't think I need to translate that one), cookie, and night-night (ni-ni). Plus, I love his voice so all the words just sound so cute. It's also funny when he wants my attention he starts out with "Mommy!" like he's calling for me. No doubt he got that from big brother.


The boys are still getting along great. They do have their moments and I know there will be many more in the future, but they really do adore each other. The other day we were at the park and some of Jackson's friends were hovering around Carter. I guess Jackson didn't like it and he came over and put his arm around Carter and said "Don't be mean to him. He's my brother." It was so darling. They also entertain each other in the car. Apparently, Carter is one of the funniest things Jackson has ever seen when he makes a spitting noise or chews on his croc...gross, I know. But, to hear Jackson laughing so hard he can barely breathe, I'll risk a little dirt in the mouth. We frequently hear Jackson saying "Come on Carter, let's go in my room" or "Let's chase" which usually results in a bruised forehead on at least one of the boys. Like I said, they do have their moments--sharing isn't going too well in our house right now. Carter is sooo not into it and everything is HIS. Jackson also didn't hit this stage until much later, but I assume that just comes with the territory of having an older sibling to fight over toys with. Jackson had the good life for almost 2 1/2 years. I bet that was a rude awakening! Here are a few more pictures of the boys. Carter is being his monkey little self and Jackson is just being himself--all boy!


0 comments: