CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Zoo

We had a great weekend. We headed down to the San Antonio Zoo on Sunday to check out a new exhibit and it was awesome! They recently added an underwater exhibit with hippos and alligators and all kinds of cool stuff. Jackson could've stayed at that one place the entire time (so could I.) The boys were great the whole time except at the end when Jackson found out that we were too late to ride the train since the zoo was closing. After letting him choose where we would go out to eat, he was over it! Alamo Cafe is where he always wants to go because he LOVES their tortillas. We all had a great time and the boys were pooped when we got home. Here are a few pics from the zoo.



On another note, Carter has turned into quite the little monkey. He will climb anything and will push something next to whatever it is he wants to climb in order to reach it. Drives me crazy! Jackson was never a climber. Just another disimilarity between the 2. Anyways, when I don't hear him for a while, I start my search around the house. You know that eery quiet that just isn't normal? Well, recently, I've known where to look. His newest trick is climbing up on the train table in the play room and standing there until I come in and find him. He then gets a huge smile on his face and lifts his arms up like "Look what I can do!". No matter how many times I tell him "no", he continues to do it over and over and over. Maybe it's because I can't help but smile when I see him do it. It is pretty cute. Here's my monkey.

Also, Jackson came home from school yesterday with a cowboy hat that he had made (It was Rodeo Week) so I took a quick pic. He also brought home an adorable Valentine with his picture and foot prints. So precious. I'm so glad that he loves school so much. They do so many arts and crafts and things that I will be able to save forever. And, since I'm not one to pull out the scissors and glue and glitter, school works out great! Crayons, markers (Color Wonder) and playdough are about as far as I go :-) Here's a picture of the cowboy hat he made.

0 comments: