CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

I can't believe I'm 30!

Today's my birthday! I hit the big 3-0 which is very unbelievable to me! I really liked being 20-something and for some reason when I hear the number 30 it brings about thoughts of adulthood and responsibility and maturity that just didn't seem to apply to the twenty-something years :-) Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next decade and hope they are just as great (if not better) as the last!

Jackson has been saying the funniest things lately. He absolutely cracks us up with the things that he says. It's amazing how these little people pick up on anything and EVERYTHING that is going on around them. Jackson will say, "So, what's going on in here you guys?" totally straight-faced and dead serious...he really wants to know. He also says, "Mommy, Carter isn't very happy, is he? (Carter is crying). I think he needs his binky to make him feel better." There are so many examples that I really need to start writing down so I don't forget them. I'll share more later.

Also, once you have kids there are certain things that you say (or yell) that you never imagined would ever come out of your mouth. For example, Jackson has a butterfly net and he loves running around "chasing butterflies". Well, yesterday I walked around the corner and Jackson had the butterfly net over Carter's head and he said "Look Mommy, I catched Carter!". I calmly replied, "Jackson we don't catch people with butterfly nets...butterfly nets are for butterflies. Get it off your brother's head!" I had to laugh afterwards at the thought of someone on the outside listeing to me say that. Who would have ever thought?

I'll share more pics later!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

I hope you had a WONDERFUL 30th Birthday!
I love hearing all the new things the boys are doing!
Love you all
The Burches